This bench is an addition to our line of work that includes the “fork back” detail found on our original chair of the same name. By extrapolating the detail to form a wider back we have created an attractive bench.
The interesting thing about this bench is that it shows how, when you gather a collection of design details that work well together (curl, fork back, leg style), they can be applied to many different pieces of furniture and can even inspire new work and variations of that detail. We have created an Anna Liffey Bed, Chest of Drawers, End Tables and Dining Tables inspired by the original chair that I found in the family flour mill in Ireland many years ago. In many cases we have re-configured the “X” pattern to various shapes and sizes to gain different effects.
- Hand-carved beads on back
- Hand-carved curls and arm
- Hand-tied coil spring seat
- Made with horsehair, cotton and Dacron®
- Requires 2 1/2 yards of 54" wide fabric; 1 3/4 yards required for railroad pattern
- Available with wooden skirt as shown on Anna Liffey Chair
Visit the Upholstered Furniture Specifications
page for more information on materials.
Custom options available, please inquire at email@example.com