The fine craft of the table matches the character of the game itself, with carefully inlaid contrasting squares and convenient folding legs for storage. This time honored game deserves a lasting platform.
"The Game of Chess is not merely an idle amusement; several very valuable qualities of the mind, useful in the course of human life, are to be acquired and strengthened by it, so as to become habits ready on all occasions; for life is a kind of Chess..." - Benjamin Franklin, “The Morals of Chess”
- Solid walnut top with an inlaid chessboard of contrasting walnut and maple squares
- Folding legs to allow for mobility and storage
- Includes chess and checker pieces that were hand carved by artisans in India out of boxwood and ebony, and come in a convenient and beautiful storage box
- Includes the widely-recommended book, Teach Yourself Visually Chess by John Edwards, with every table
- When closed, the dimensions are 33 ½” square, 4” high
Custom options available, please inquire at email@example.com