Sales Team Member
For 30 years, ShackletonThomas has established a national reputation for fine quality furniture and pottery made by hand by master craftspeople in Vermont. The sales team is paramount in connecting the customer with the unique, handmade products created in our workshops, and maintaining a flow of business that can preserve the company as a home for skilled artisans, and a destination for quality design services in the handmade tradition, for years to come.
This is a sales position in a high-end retail environment; qualified applicants should have both sales and customer service experience, and be able to work in a small dynamic team. Responsibilities include staffing our retail showroom, processing sales from store, web, and phone, capturing leads across sales channels, completing orders, shipping, tidying showroom, maintaining communications with customers and partners, and welcoming guests to our workshops.
Part time or full time, depending on experience and availability.
– Be available for the customer: in store, over the phone, via email and website.
– Be aware of the customer and anticipate their needs, ensuring they are looked after before, during, and after the sale.
– Be proactive in initiating and closing sales.
– Capture any sales leads across channels and ensure follow-up from Sales Team; acquire contact details for as many visitors as possible.
– Process sales through POS software; take and track orders and opportunities in our sales system.
– Coordinate shipping/delivery of store sales, online orders, customer orders and partnerships
– Provide close-out accounting and sales reports each day
– Liaise with Sales Team to initiate and maintain store displays and sales initiatives in accordance with seasons, national holidays, tourist weekends, local and company events.
– Maintain product information across workshop store, online store, and sales system: tabletop information and pricing displays, furniture hang tags, product materials, artist statements, wall tags, etc.
– Maintain presentation of workshop store including displays, music, store cleanliness (including plant and flower care, dusting and waxing products, etc).
– Maintain presentation of web store in cooperation with Sales Team
– Manage and maintain store inventory, including other vendor items
– Coordinate scheduling of store and sales coverage in partnership with Sales Team
– Assist in maintaining store supplies, including PR materials, forms etc.
– Help coordinate / facilitate store events
– Other duties as assigned
– Superior customer service as well as oral and written communication skills
– An ability to empathize with the customer in order to deliver highest quality experience with the company
– A record of prior success as an effective team member proficient in assisting and supporting other internal and external customers and partners
– Demonstrated ability to take initiative, be proactive and work independently. Motivation, organization, and ability to meet deadlines under pressure are essential.
– Ability to sell a high-end product with potential customization; ability to educate the customer about the unique process of making furniture and pottery by hand, and the company culture and philosophy
– A sense of humor and ability to enjoy challenges and manage stress in a workplace, and family business
– Some experience with artistic sensibilities, practices, or products
– Understanding of inventory systems and maintenance
– Ability to interact with all areas of a small company, generally and especially in sales coordination
– Ability to maintain good relationships company-wide, from craftspeople to customers to suppliers
– Flexibility and openness to new ideas
– Creativity, resourcefulness, and ability to think outside the box
– Software proficiency in Excel, Word, POS and CRM systems
– Fluency in digital sales and marketing practices strongly preferred
– Marketing / social media / graphic design experience a plus
– Flexible schedule. Must be available weekends.
Interested and qualified applicants should send resume + cover letter to email@example.com